The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Great Assests


I found a hero. Michelangelo. Yes, the painter. He was an ass...but i think that's what makes him great...his ass-like qualities. He knew he was a great artist. He broke his nose in a fight when he was in school. What happened was that they were all studying Masaccio's paintings and Michelangelo pronounced that his paintings were better. That merited him a broken nose. Another thing is that he did was not friends with Leonardo, nor was he that much of a fan of Raphael, Leonardo's apprentice. Eitherwhos, he was doing a commissioned piece for the Manici family's tomb. He did a portiat of one of the family members, but it didn't look like him. Michelangelo got alot of trouble out of that, and he replied, "in 100 years nobody is going to remember this guy, but they are going to remember that I am the artist." I LOVE that! Also, he consumned his life with art. He even talked back to the pope because of his excentricness. BEAUTIFUL! I love it. A new hero.

well, to appease amanda...i thought that i would state, i write down what comes to me...literally. This usually is my thought process...random and ammusing.

So i realized something last week...that relationships suck. I don't know why i keep up with them. I'm not going to go into detail, but I learned how much that a person cares for me but at the same time doesn't. It was touching. And it was pointed out to me that I needed something better--something normal. But i don't know what normal is anymore. I wish i did know.

I think i'm going to spend the majority of the day in the woodshop working on my art project. Oh, i've been sneezing for three days straight...but i'm finally sleeping well, and eating somewhat normal meals at somewhat normal intervals. So, i'll take the trade-off.

-Reijn

2 Comments:

Blogger A N P said...

haha, yes I love the fact that you comment on my xanga. yours are, really, the only comments that are in any way valuable or insightful. *shrugs* And you have my blog addy, anyway. I'll probably finish Ren's Tale, and then completely leave that site... a lot of people's comments have finally pissed me off to the point where I just want to let them know that they can fuck themselves. for all i care.

: ) at any rate, i'm glad your patterns are back to normal, despite the sneezing. go eat some chipotle while you can enjoy it, just in case you slip back into that fugue.

: / ah, the joys of writing essays. you know, I spent a lot of time and effort last night on mine-- thought it was pretty good by the time I was finished-- only to go to class and have 3/4 of my premise invalidated by lecture. boo. hope yours go better than mine! of course i'm one of those who often have beautiful, flowing arguments that completely miss the boat on the issue i'm supposed to be discussing. *shrugs* someone's got to be stupid, might as well be me.

there were, however, no to be verbs in my essay. (point of pride. ONLY. point of pride.)

: o consider me shocked. (you know, though, i have a cousin who just moved to New York for grad school... He had a job and everything, too. It was a fairly sudden decision. Maybe that's how it goes with the Big Apple-- suddenly you just have to go there. I'm rambling. That's what an hour of sleep will do to a person.

I didn't know all that about Michelangelo, by the way. Now I think I like him too. : ) Especially that one line about "Eh. What the Hell? No one will remember him in a couple years anyway. But me? As the painter? They'll worship me. I know it." (Although it's not quite like that in your entry, that's what his quote translated to in my mind)

and yet another long comment faithfully logged by me. : ) I'll take into account that Saturday won't work. I'm going to be busy this evening, so that leaves Sunday. I'll get this accomplished. I will.

12:24 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Susanne said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling your normal self, but I'm praying that you'll be back soon!! Have you been to the doctor to see if it's something physical? I've been wondering if I need to get my brain checked or if I'm just getting old. Check this out...the last two times I've practiced my piano, I've gone back to the computer and COULD NOT TYPE! Weird sensation. My fingers weren't doing what my brain was telling them to. Has that ever happened to you after playing flute? The doc will probably look at me like I'm crazy. Try to get some rest, Reijn! Maybe you just need a good ol' trip home. :)

1:38 AM, September 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home