The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Michael AKA: Tiger


the strangest thing happened to me. I met a tiger. He still has the orange and black stripes, the golden eyes, and that fearce stare...but he roars "GO DAMN WAR EAGLE". (which was on adult swim about a week ago, oddly enough) I don't think tigers are supposed to do that. But this one does. I went along, and became friends with this tiger. Who would have guessed a Madador and a Tiger, friends? But we are.

I met Michael through a text-based RPG website called Gaia. (www.gaiaonline.com) I was out of a "regular" thread in which i could grace my wierd ideas in. Well, since i was in college, i decided to see if there was a college football forum. Low-and-Behold...there was. College football. I think my first post was something along the lines of, "i'm a texas tech goin' band member, and eventhough i don't know much about football, i can hold my own. I go to all the Tech games." Well, i wasn't widely accepted at first. I had to earn my position in this thread. I had several marks against me: i was a girl, i was in band, and i was one of the only Big 12 members on there. Users like Fox/Patrick, thought i was a flake...but he soon realized that i was a better friend than a cerial brand.

I don't remember how Tiger and I realy started talking. Probally on AIM. We chatted about religion, classes, life, love, and the american persuit of a degree. As a Junior at Auburn University, Michael hosts a college sports radio show on the AU campus. I'm not good at contributing to this talk show, but i try...when i do call in. Its kinda cool actually...a Texas Tech girl all the way in Alabama...being heared by who-knows-who on the AU campus. I'm really a nobody...but its who you know really in life.

Michael is an engineer in training. I'm an english and art person in training...yet we get along. Its funny when i talk to him about art, he just does not get it. Concepts and ideas...he tries...and i love him for it, but he just can't comprehend it. But that's ok. We all have our own fortes. His knowledge about football, sports, religion, and other life things, is quite vast. He has a good head on his shoulders thats for sure.

Dark hair, great big crazy smile...its Michael...its Tiger. And a wonderful friend. He sends me text messages and small phone calls whenever he's concerned about me. That is always a sign of an awsome friend!

Michael is wonderful, hands down.

-Reijn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww... I'm flattered. XD lol, yea I saw that on Adult Swim, its floating around here like a contagious yawn. Also got something else one of my friend's started for last weeks game. I'll have to show it to ya. :P

11:29 PM, October 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home