The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Metal on Ears and Cold Winds Hurt!!!

I always think when I am walking to or from Trig class. There is something about the mornings that make me think. Either way, I was thinking today which of course is a dangerous thing but something that has to be done. While i was in my own little world listening to my iPod a volunteer bee-lined at the "free speach" area on campus and caught me with a patition. It was for an independant canidate for govenor for Texas. It wasn't Kinky Freeman, who has gotten alot of media attention especially here in lubbock. It was the female running. I wanted to vote independant anyways so i signed the patition. They have to get so many signatures just to have thier name put on the ballot, and the registared voters who sighn could not have voted in the March elections. I qualified so i went ahead and signed. I feel for the indepenent canidates, and i'm tired of the democrats complaining in texas and the republicans screwing up in texas. I'm tired of it all...i think independant may or maynot help, but at least it is a try. Alot of this may be because i'm a "crazy" college student and have "radical" ideas. That may be true but either way, i excersized my right as an american citizen today...and i just shrug it off. Its sad but that's what americans do now-a-days. I sighn the petition then i walk back to my dorm to kill time before my Political Science class...ironic?! Maybe.

So after i bravely exercized my right as an american citizen, i started thinking about my friends and life in general. I realized that i finally have a little group of friends that I hang around with now, here at Tech, sprinkled with afew "outside" friends here and there. I also realized how much i really do miss my conversations with Joey. Now don't go on a tangent on me about our dating relationship, because i won't. I haven't talked to him in a very long time, and I miss our conversations alot. There are so many things i wanna ask him and talk to him about and have long discussions about. That was the pang of loneliness that i felt yesterday that i wrote about, briefly. I realized that i haven't talked to Joey in a very long time and i missed it. Yes i know, he doesn't talk to people except for "clients" and seth. And i know he reads my blog periodically....i think he read it yesterday in fact...i think. Either way, I have wonderful friends that I care for deeply and that I would bend over backwards for here at Tech, but the one person that i just want to have a serious discussion with...*shrugs*. I guess i'm somewhat complaining about this, is because i have some questions for him that i really can't ask anyone here. I am the most religious person in my group of friends so i can't ask them a theology question...i can only ask a person who has somewhat the same views as I do, and joey does...though he kicks my butt over it. Oh well, i guess what is, is...and that won't change.

On another note, MythBusters is comming to Tech today! I'm so excited! I'm going to go see them after my class. And my friend Chase is here in town, so i may see him too! *dances* mmmmm...besides that, art is going to kick my butt! I'm happy about that...don't ask why...just accept it. *nods*

@ Amanda: i am watching Ragnorak Loki and DN Angel that i stole from Mook.

*huggles*

-Reijn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home