The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Blog Entry "Chronicles of Houston"

2:43 pm Friday, April 14th, 2006

We've been on the road for almost 2 hours now, and i have to say, it has been some of the most interesting 2 hours. A buddy of mine from elementary school, Josh, is driving Tyler and me back to Sugar Land. I've kidnapped Tyler to come along, so the three of us are crammed into an old 1965 blue mustang...no air conditioning and no seatbelts, cruising through West Texas and beyond. All the windows are down and everything is blowing...which proves difficult to chew gum with strands of hair finding refuge in your mouth. Either way, I'm finding the entire ordeal quite interesting and even alittle enjoyable. How many people can say that they have driven through West Texas in an old mustang, with a band nerd, army dude, and excentric artist? Not many. I honestly believe this is hte one trop that will be stored away in the memory banks...I know I'll tell my grandchildren, "I went on a roadtrip in an old mustang when i was in college." Just thinking about what I am actually doing makes me wonder about the generation who did this all the time. Its almost romatic: I sit in the back seat reading and writing--I'm sure some other girl had sone the same things I've done, just in a different time era. I love the ironacy of history. I feel like i'm reliving it in a way. Its a very romantic feeling.

-Reijn


5:35 pm Friday, April 14th, 2006

Well, when i said that this would be an interesting ride, i was right. About 15 min. outside of a boondock city called Center Plains, Texas, our transmission started acting up. We crawled at 25mph to the city and stopeed at a gas station. We filled up and looked under the hood. Josh found a gashed pipe and we though that was the problem. Tyler and I walked to a machanic down the road and relayed questions back and forth between Josh and the machanic. While we were in the process of doing that, I ran into DQ to get a simple cup of ice (which took 10 min to do) small towns. Well, Josh managed to lock up his keys in the trunk while we were gone. He had to dismantel the entire back seat to get to the trunk. He did get his keys and we drove down to the mechanic. To make a long story short, the mechanic couldn't find anything wrong so we just piled back into the Mustang and headed onward to H-town. So far the car is acting fine.

Now back to that hell-hole of a town...i felt so out of place. EVERYBODY stared at us. Its like they have never seen a person before. We were in hick-ville, Texas. (no offence) but white trash everywhere...gah! I felt very out of place and over dressed: with a guitar hanging out of the side window of a 1965 blue mustang and me wearing a shirt that says, "I'm in the band" with two guys...they might have thought that we were part of a band. That's ammusing! Anywho, its very windy and had r to write AND supposedly i'm supposed to be working on a paper, but i can't...I'll cram it in when i get home in SL. SAFE TRAVELS!

-Reijn


Easter Sunday Survice

ahhh...the bubble, its a love/hate relationship, its all good. Saturday was good. I got to sleep in, which was nice, and hit the ground running. Mom, Tyler, and I went out shopping. I got art supplies! It makes me happy. Happy place! Anywho, i dropped mom off at home and Tyler and I took the car out and I showed him around SL. When we were in old SL ( i was showing him the sugar factory) we took a detour to my old church....Sugar Land Bible Church. I got to meet up with some old friends and some old mucisians that i used to play with. I realized just not, that i've been blessed with the opritunities to play with amazing and talented mucisans. Now, i'm not a good musician by any means, but i've been able to hold myown enough to preform and whatnot. Having the opritunity to play in both Carnagie and Symphony Halls, preform with Joey, Seth, my dad, Rick, Rich, Rob, Aya...and the list goes on...i've been so blessed. Anywho, i digress...I was able to see some old friends and whatnot. We hung out with my dear buddies, Daniel and Angela. We aslo hit up a party with Victoria, Matt, Alfie and friends. I'm so glad that I moved away so that I do not have to deal with high school drama. Though, I'm still Dr. Reijn to the world...its ammusing. Anywho, Tyler and I got two hours of sleep last night--eh...its all good. We had fun. I got to meet up with another dear friend of mine: Chase and his good friend Jeremy. Jeremy is my art confidant. It was fun to see him/them again. All-in-all, saturday was extreemly busy...but its all good. It was an enjoyable easter sunday and i'm stuck in the orchestra pit but i don't care. I'm in a happy place. The music is ammusing once again. *huggles*

-Reijn


8:45 pm Monday, April 17, 2006

Well, i'm back in hell...i mean lubbock. Yesterday was fun. Ate lots of food and hung out with old friends. I'm the shortest one now! The Gidding twins, Kristin Wolfe and my little brother and tyler are all taller than me...and I'm the oldest one out of all of them! gah! oh well. Tyler and I fell asleep on the couch because we were so tired. We went out and hung out with afew more friends later that evening. I got to see Cody, for afew min. He told us a story about when he was transporting a lay-z-boy chair in the back of his truck. It was dusk and the sun was setting so he decided to pull over and grab a drink and sit in the lay-z-boy, kick back and watch the sun set in the bed of his truck. It made me think. He has such an amazing outlook on life. He knows when to take the moments when they happen and enjoy them. I thought about what i think i would have done...and i would have kept on driving, or maybe taken a picture then kept on driving. I have forgotten to capture the moment. Sometimes its the small things in life that actually keep us in check. Anywho, we also hung out with a guy that i met at Will's party. Will evidentally gave him my number and we've kept up. He's a cool guy and thinking about comming to Tech for buisness. He, I, Tyler and one of his buddies went to go see Scary Movie 4. And i would have to say, i lost brain cells in that movie. *sighs*

This morning we got up and went to my high school because i needed to talk to Mr. Galloway about next year's marching show. And guess what! Its about Heat! *laughs* i'm going to have fun with this one! I already have ideas running through my head! *nods* I also talked to Mr. Schaffer my computer instructor. He told me about how FBISD is changning thier inschool time to be longer. Next year students won't have a spring break, they will have one week for Christman, afew days for Thanksgiving and they won't get out for summer until June. He said that it was based on a recent research from the University of Texas. I think UT is insane anyways. I'm so glad i go to Tech and i've graduated before that all happened. I feel for my little brother though. Well, the drive back to Lubbock was very uneventful. Josh got his dad's truck to bring back so we had more room...i still was in the back, but thats ok...i liked it. I took many naps and pictures. I'll load them up later. Eh, we made it back to Lubbock in 8.5 hours! That has got to be record. I'm tired and have a headache now...so i'm going to let this long ass blog entry end! *huggles*

-REIJN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home