The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Free Cowboys

well the weekend went nicely. I am finally allowed to be back in my antisocial state. Which is nice, finally. I showed Rachel and her parents around the campus and town. Rachel pretty much stayed with me the entire weekend while her parents went out and did thier own thing. That was fine. It rained on Thursday and yesterday evening so it was also nice to get some rain. We hung out with alot of my friends. Freebirds just opened up here in Lubbock and the entire city is in a riot to get there, especially people who are from big cities like Houston and Austin. They all know Freebirds and they are all excited. We went and had a burrito, it was wonderful. It was the first time that i have had a decent burrito in Lubbock. Its nice...very nice. We also went to a concert at Jakes Sports Bar. We saw a band called Thrift Store Cowboys. The lead singer and the violinist were both from Lubbock. The violinist was absolutely amazing. Now you have to understand, i've been spoiled on Joey's playing and personal concerts and things like that so listening to other violin playing is always hard or an adventure for me. This girl, Pearl, was absolutely amazing! She was primarily a fiddle player but she was very good at it. One of the best fiddle players i have seen in a long time. Well, watching her play she would put so much preassure on the bow that the horse hairs on her bow would break. About an hour into the concert she had already accumilated a tuff at the top of the bow. I was thinking to myself, how many times does she get her bow re-strung?! I would say her bow lasts her about two or three preformances max until she has to get it re-strung. Either way, she is absolutely amazing! I loved this band. It was a very good concert.

The good playing and the fun we were having made me really happy so i wanted to play. I stole Derek's car and went and picked up my flute and when back to his place. At his place, Rachel, Derek, and I drank wine and jammed. It was so much fun! Which reminds me, my friend Cat from Clements is comming to Tech as well...and she's going to sell me her drum set, then join our band (Four and a Half Year Crusade) and play keyboards and do some vocals. She is also going to help with some lyrics hopefully. So that is very helpful, we are finally expanding our band...its nice...once again. mmmmmm...i am going to take a nap, i think and get some work done then hang out with Tyler later tonight. *nods* Okies! TTYL!

-Reijn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun times! And yes I want to see you before I leave. You should come crash with me in SA!

_Lisa

3:32 PM, April 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home