The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Morning Events

eh, i don't anticipate today to be that exciting but i started the day off with a, "oh shit" so who knows. Usually when my mornings are like that, my entire day is an "oh crap, damn it!" day. Its funny how that works.

So i pryed myself out of bed today and got dressed. I had an inkling that i was missing something so i checked what day my math homework was due, and it was today. Had i done it? no. So while i was getting ready i formulated something so i could get my homework done. I decided not to go to class and instead sit in the Student Union drinking my daily coffee and working on homework. That is exactly what i did. I put on my headphones and ipod and worked on math homework for an hour and a half...the exact time of my class. When i got done, i walked down to the "quads" (the math building) and went to my instructor's office. I told him that i slept through class but i wanted to get my homework turned in on time. He took it and gave me the next homework assignment. My instructor is such an interesting guy. He has alot of personality but he is very monotone and stoic sometimes...his responce to me "sleepping through class" was "oh no, thats not good" in a straight yet kind tone. It was quite ammusing. Anywho, when i walked out of the SUB to go turn in my math homework i walked straight into a Lubbock dust storm. It wasn't too bad but it was bad enough that my sunglasses weren't protecting my eyes from the grit, and that i was getting pushed around by the wind. Ah, Lubbock, how do i hate thee!

Again, as i walk around campus i tend to think, alot. I was mostly thinking how i hate Lubbock...but then my head turned to look at a landscaping patch. It was filled with green stems and nothing more. There used to be beautiful red and yellow tulips there but all the pettals had been ripped off due to the uncany brutality of the Lubbock wind. It actually depressed me quite thuroughly. Those tulips were so beautiful and they always brightened my day every time i walked past a patch somewhere on campus. My mom instilled the love for tulips. I remember planting bulbs each spring in our gardens around the house. And I remember always being so excited when a flower would spring up. They were always so special to me. It was such a wonderful treat to see tulips everyday. I think everybody on campus enjoyed them. I would always see people looking at them when they walked past no matter how much of a rush they were in, and consequently not look where they were going...i was guilty of it too. Now, Lubbock has decided to twart that small piece of joy. It depresses me. Living in such a dull place, makes you look for the small things in life to be happy and find joy in. Elton John has a song talking about it, but i don't remember it right now. That's a first isn't it? *laughs*

Now the Starbucks in the B&N in the Student Union employees know me. They know my order and they have it ready as soon as i walk though the door, its quite funny...and nice. I think i'm going to write an entry in Peachwood Ln. about them and give them a copy. They really do brighten my mornings for the most part.

My TV is still broken and it makes me sad. Oh, Mythbusters is comming to Tech on the 25th! I am so going and that makes me so happy! *nods* I can't wait! So, i went to tyler's place to watch tv and work on a paper. It was nice...we watched a variety of things. Joseph wouldn't leave the TV on one channel. The guy is nice but very much still stuck in high school. Its ok though. Tyler said that he thinks that Joseph likes me...i laughed and agreed. I told tyler that i wouldn't date Joseph at all...i would kill him before he ever came near me. Then we started joking about if i did date him. This is what my convo with Joey might be when i would inform him about the new boyfriend: "hey, joey!" Joey: "hi hi" me: "guess what" Joey: "what?" me: "i'm dating Joey now." Joey: "you are what?" me: "i'm dating joey!" Joey: "you're dating a guy named joey? *laughs*" me: "Yep, and he's a dumn ass" I really wouldn't say that last bit, but i think it would be a quite interesting convo. AND it will never happen! Its just fun to speculate.

mmmmm...anywho...homework and sleep...it all sounds good to me. *nods*

-Reijn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Skills man, skills. Yeah the lady at Chats, our coffee shop in the HUB, pretty much knows my order now (I only go everyother day). We don't have a Starbucks on campus, which sucks cause I can't drink Seattle's Best.
My knee is fine; it just has a big bump and is a nice shade of dark blue. Thanks for your concern. ^^

12:29 PM, April 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home