The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

What is Love?


This is something i found in another blog. I just wanted to comment on afew, while i read it. I wanted to say the experience that Jordan and I are going through right now, and how this compares to what is written. We are in love, period. But does that mean that what is written below defines our love? I don't think so. That is why i am commenting in red.

The True Meaning of Love
What is Love?

Love is a slow kiss goodnight.
It's anticipation.

Anticipation? For what? It doesn't seem logical to me.

Love is flirting outrageously and still remembering that the person at your side is not obligated to do anything.
It's respect.

Respect, yes, but what does that have to do with flirting? When Jordan and I flirt it usually revolves around poking, tickling, silly faces, maybe a punch or two, then always ending with a kiss. Last night, I worked a long shift at the bar and Jordan grabbed me and twirled me around on the dance floor then dipped me and gave me a kiss. That is love...that is respect...that is knowledge. He knew i needed him.

Love is an imperfection in yourself not bothering you.
It's acceptance.

I think its the other way around..."Love is seeing imperfection in your partner, but it not bothering you."

Love is passing up an opportunity because the time isn't right yet.
It's patience.

Love is a back massage that starts above the hairline and ends around the insoles.
It's exploration.

It's tenderness.

Love is not having to say "Let's make love," because you know what the other person wants.
It's understanding.

Pshah, Jordan asks me that only because he is being polite, and curtious.

Love is being given an honest chance to say no when you thought you were committed.
It's consideration.

Love is both of you remembering protection.
It's responsibility.

Love is saying the perfect phrase to make a solemn embrace dissolve into giggles.
It's humor.

Jordan is perfect about that. He will be saying the most amazing thing, then he will break it all with some stupid phrase. Its typical him. I love him for it...and hate him at the same time. lol!

Love is being told "Stop and I'll kill you".
It's desire.

Its usually the other way around..."Stop or I'll kill you" But either way, we desire eachother because of the stupid stuff.

Love is reviewing the damage to your living room and realizing personal effects are strewn in a clockwise pattern from the front door to the bedroom.
It's abandonment.

The sad thing...its so true!

Love is seeing what your lover really looks like for the first time.
It's truth.

It's realization...it's purity.

Love is knowing what time it is and not caring.
It's joy.

It's personal happiness.

Love is the arms around you tightening their embrace.
It's ecstasy.

The first thing that struck me as wonderful, is the first time Jordan and I slept in the same bed. He would always turn around and wrap his arms around me...even when I would try to wiggle away from him so i could get comfortable...he would grab me and pull me in closer. It struck me as amazing. His arms would not slack off in sleep, but they would stay tight, wrapped doubly around me. I realized right then, that I had the opritunity to feel safe...be protected, for forever. It's protection...its security.

Love is seeing a new side of a person you thought you knew.
It's renewal.

Love is telling a person if you have to leave, you will let them sleep, and being told they would rather be woken.
It's tenderness.

Its stupidity of you ask me. I have to leave many of the times when Jordan still is asleep. I kiss him on the forehead and tell him, "goodbye my love, I'll see you when I get home." I let him continue sleeping. THAT is tenderness.

Love is waking up to find the subject of the dream you were having asleep on your shoulder.
It's where fantasy meets reality.

Or in my position, i'm asleep on his shoulder..."Love is waking up to find the subject of the dream you were having asleep, arms wrapped around you." Its where fantasy meets reality.

Love is being there to wake your lover. Slowly.
It's sensuousness.

I love it and hate it when he does that. Its rare, but I love the feeling, and I hate being woken up.

Love is belatedly knowing why you bothered to buy a queen-sized bed three years ago.
It's practicality.

or a king.

Love is two people only taking up a third of a queen-sized bed.
It's closeness.

or a king...when we get one, someday...with TONS of blankets!

Love is knowing you gave the extra set of keys to your apartment to the right person.
It's trust.

or leaving the door unlocked...

Love is saying good-bye and knowing you will be back by mutual consent.
It's faith.

I hate saying goodbye...i can't. Especially when i know i'm leaving the person I love behind.

Love is stretching your arms and discovering the real meaning of the word "sore".
It's a lesson in human frailty.

Isn't that the truth.

Love is opening your medicine cabinet and finding your tube of toothpaste turned into a pretzel.
It's adaptation.

we haven't gotten there yet...and hopefully never will. I guess for us, its our shampoos and conditioners...we never seem to be able to keep it in the house. That and water.

Love is sitting at the window, looking out and remembering who you were with the night before.
It's reflection.

I would rather say, "Love is sitting at the window, looking out and remembering who you were before you met "them"...and knowing who you are now...and who you can become..." Its reflection.

Love is hearing the weather forecast for a winter storm and wishing you could spend it in bed with your lover.
It's loneliness.

Oh isn't that the truth. ESPECIALLY when you have to get out in it.

Love is stories that will never be told.
It's personal.

Love is looking in that person's eyes and smiling...just knowing.
It's personal.

Love is Music and You!

Music?! Love is indescribable...if you can describe it then Hallmark should hire you. Or at least you should win some sort of prize.

- Reijn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home