The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Beautiful Disaster


Hedgehogs.

Nothing really that big to talk about right now. I took my hedgehogs out yesterday morning. My morning english class was cancled so, i thought that it was good weather and a good time to take the little hedgepigs out for a run. Of course, it was too much for me, trying to keep up with Tessie. So i put her in her plastic ball...and let her run around. Lily played with a papertowel roll. She would get her head stuck inside and would walk around with this huge tube comming out from her head. She was so cute. I decided to sketch them while they played. It was really adorable. Many people came out of their apartments and watched them too. I was able to meet quite afew new people. I liked that. I'm getting to know the people who live around me. I actually feel like i'm home...finally. Its such a great feeling...great community and friends that live close by. That is something that doesn't happen very often and it has taken me almost three years to achieve that. Its an absolutely wonderful feeling. Its that feeling of contentment that is washing over me at the moment.

Tuck Fexas.

I really am developing a burning passion of hatred towards the University of Texas. I mean, a wonderful burning and glowing red passion against that ugly burnt orange university. This is why. Last football season when Texas Tech played Texas at the Jones, we lost. Now, we didn't loose because of our shortcommings (mostly). We lost because the refs at the game made SEVERAL questionable calls. The short part of the story is that Coach Leach had the game reviewed by the Big12 and the NCAA, thus resulting in the expulsion of those refs. Incidentally, those same refs were the officials for the Texas Tech vs UTEP game last year. We almost lost that game too...we went into overtime eventually winning. Today, i read in the Daily Toreador (Texas Tech's newspaper), the title: "Arkansas St. coach says Big 12 acknowledged bad call in Texas win". This article just fueled the already smoldering fire of hatred that i have towards this university. UT's coach, Mack Brown stated, "When you look at calls, some go for us, some go against us...You don't worry about them and move on." He says this because HE WON! I honestly believe that Texas has thier fingers in a place where they should not be. (no sexual reference there). Just because they won one championship does not mean that they have the continuous power in the Big12. Watching them play last saturday just confirmed that hatred and that previous statement. I was not scared, i laughed. Oklahoma is a team to be alittle frightened of...with a very respectable coach and a strong program, Oklahoma is a team to watch. Which brings me to this next point, Texas Tech needs to really work and be on thier toes this season. We are still riding off of the high of last year's Insight Bowl game. But we have teams like Texas, Oklahoma, A&M, and Missouri to watchout for. This will not be an easy season...especially with Harrell getting hurt during the Texas Tech vs SMU game on Labor Day. We have our work cut out for us, but i fully believe that if we play like the Red Raiders have made thier name: Pirates of the Plains...we can be a force in the Big 12 and finally gaining some of the respect that the Big 12 tends to overlook for Tech.

I may just be an optimist or just a HUGE Red Raider fan...but that is my honest biased opinion.

Celebration.

I'm turning 21 tomorrow! I can't wait. I have alot of homework to do before hand, but 21 years baby! Another milestone in the walk we call life. And it really has been the life that i've been learning from. Learning is always the hard part...then the walk is the second hardest...

I want to say "Thank you" to all of those people who have helped me in my walk of life, however large or small your influence has been to my life...it has been an influence and I am very thankful for your touch. "so much of me is made of what i've learned from you, you'll be with me like a hand print on my heart...." (For Good, from Wicked).

-Reijn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home