The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Pictures at the Front Door


(Photo taken from: http://www.oliviastevens.org/, God bless Olivia and her family. This photo of their daughter reminded alot of myown life and experiances as a child. I cannot even begin to think about what they went through, experiance, and continue to miss out on. You all are in my prayers.)


It doesn't matter how old you get, or how much education i continuously pay for, i still feel like the grade school Reijn who stood in front of the slick white wooden door at the front of my house, with a plastered smile on my face. Mom wanted to take a picture of me for my first day of school. And somehow, the family dog found its way into the photo too. I swear, animals are more full of it than most humans. Those days I wore a school uniform. Whether it be a polo shirt with kakki shorts or the plad skirt with matching tie and blazer, first day of school is the first day of school. I don't wear a school uniform anymore, but i do think about how i am going to look that first day, to my peers and profs. Usually a good pair of jeans and a shirt suffices, but as I step out into the new day, i still feel like that kid who is still apprehensive about meeting new kids and what the year will present itself to be.

Well, today is/was my second day of classes, and alas...all the rest of my classes to know. I've decided that i'm going to shoot myself this semester. After having a taste of what my major and my life is really about...i love it. Now i'm taking a bunch of BS classes, and i want to shoot myself. Honestly. I'm going to be writing alot of papers over things i don't give a rat's ass about. This kinda sucks. Oh well, i set myself up for this sucky class anyways. *sighs* and classes are about to start again...bleh.

So time for Reijn to get back into writing profound things again.

The weather has been absolutely beautifully astounding. I've fallen in love all over again: warm sun, blue skies, cool breeze, chilly evenings...making you want to cuddle underneath the blankets of your bed and drink a hot cup of coffee. I always forget how much i really do love the lubbock weather, until i leave it and go back to Houston, where it always rains. I forget what rain looks like after months of no sight of it.

I have forgotten what it feels to feel life again. It has been awhile. I found that life likes to hit you over the head, and once you come-to a semester has dissapeared...and you are so exausted, and don't know why. The refreshing feel of realizing what has actually happened while you were asleep, is the best feeling in the world...yet you still have to live with the weight of the actual events. Its not an easy life we all lead, but its the life we are given.

I switched out of one of my history courses today. My teacher was scaring me. I didn't want to deal with him at all. I am kinda scared to go to class on Tuesday into a new class, and ask for a sylibus. Hopefully this instructor will be better than the old war vet who has alot of issues. I am going to start to work for Jeff Wheeler in afew days. I hope that goes well. He's an interesting character but i hope to learn alot from him. I need to learn alot for the sake of...success in the buisness of the art world. *nods*

Well, this entry took me all day long. That's ok...still getting use to the swing of things.
*huggles*

-Reijn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home