The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Alexander Calder


Well, this post is actually going to be a thoughtful entry.

My teachers are excentric and I love it. I have an 8:00am Design II class, and the first day of class was interesting. We did the usual: name, grade, etc...but then we had to tell something that we wanted to do...and I just said I wanted to be excentric. He asked why, and I replied, "because its fun." He continued to go around the room and all the other students answered his questions. I sat there in shock. Whenever i'm in shock my mind starts racing: How many students will graduate, get that 9 to 5 job, have that perfect spouse, live in suburbia, with 2.5 kids, a dog and a cat, the white picket fence...and the list goes on...what a borring existance. It made me think...I don't want that 9-5 job with that hour lunch break...I want to travel and live life to its ultimate fullest! I made a second realization today in that same class. We were watching a movie about a famous artist...the one who invented the mobil. Well, they mentioned in the movie that the older this guy got the more excentric he got. He, evidentally, had a bright orange bike and wore gray nicker-bockers and long orange socks...while riding around Paris in the 1920s. I thought that was the coolest thing ever! I then realized...i'm excentric...i'm excentric beyond all belief. I made the consious decision about a week ago to be completely excentric....to not care about anything else except having fun and enjoying life. Isn't that how everybody should live? I think so, but i believe that we all loose sight of that. We loose sight of being human. I have decided...i want to do something with my art that nobody has ever done before. Something that will change the face of the art world...once again!

-Reijn

2 Comments:

Blogger A N P said...

I'll live the boring life for you. : ) Whenever you want a break from eccentricity, come and visit me. ; p Me and my pom, because at this point in time that's all I've decided will be allowed in my house.

Maybe that in itself is eccentric. Whatever. There should be a spare bedroom at any rate.

No picket fence, too much effort to keep whitewashed. I'd like some nice filigreed iron work, but I'll probably be too poor to afford a fence period.

And, because I'm lazy and won't want to do yardwork, chances are really good I won't even live in a house for a while.

Maybe a condo. Or a loft. I'd even settle for an apartment, as long as it's in a safe part of town. : /

All of this thought about the future is kind of terrifying, so um... yes. That's the end of this fairly ridiculous comment.

1:23 PM, September 01, 2006  
Blogger A N P said...

so, i thought you should have another comment.

and also... i need to get tips from you... on the personalization process of blogger...

Usually i think understated kicks some major ass. but i think the site may be a tad more understated than is strictly necessary. -_-

next time i see you. i'll write out a list of question. :/ or not. we'll see.

5:13 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home