The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Sleep-deprived Protest

well, i really don't know how to set this entry up...i'm so tired that i can't think nor can i get sentences to work together gramatically correctly. So excuse anything and everything said that doesn't make sense.

In many ways the day started like any other day. I went to the Starbucks in the SUB and waited in line for my Carmel Mocciatto not too sweet Grande, after i looked at my bank account, and to my horror, i was out of money completely. Thankfully I had just enough cash to get me my beloved caffene. I need to sell back books to get money, that's how broke i am. I am more broke than Joey. And that's saying alot, sorry dear. Either who, i was standing in line, and they already had my drink ready for me at the registar, waiting for me to check out. Now, i was half dead and half asleep so it was a total shock and pleasent surprise to have my coffee awaiting me. It was really nice of those girls at the Starbucks to have my order ready for me.

I went ahead and killed some time and walked to class, incredibly early. I was bored. If i sat down, I would fall asleep, and there was nothing left to do in my dorm so i just went to class and read the newspaper: The Daily Toreador. Trig class was borring and again, i fell asleep due to the monotomy and pure tiredness of me. *sighs* While leaving class, a girl struck up a conversation with me...and afew others. We started discussing the class and whether or not Trig was relevant to life. My responce was, it depends on what major you are in. She said she was pre-med. I laughed, i probally shouldn't have but i did...i'm an english and art major, i have the right to laugh at a math class. Either who, she mentioned that she didn't want to go to UT Med Houston because she didn't want to live in Houston. I said, "oh thanks." She appologized, realizing that i was from houston. She said she didn't like the crime rate. I told her that it really wasn't that bad, it has gone up because of the hurricane but that's it. She kinda blew me off and i walked on deciding to think nothing of it, but then i got to thinking. The Houston crime rate isn't any worse than Waco or Dallas. AND Baylor, UT, and UofH all have thier medical schools in Houston. I don't know, but that says something to me. I realized how people are influenced by ignorance and misinformation. That girl will probally stay in West Texas her entire life because she is too scared of the oustide world. That's sad...yet it is so true to many of the Tech students.

While i was pondering this, with my head down and my ears burried in elton john, i realized that in the free speach area there was some form of protest going on. It looked like to me a PITA-type protest...save the puppies and all. There was even a huge wooden cross leaning up against some landscaping. Now, whether that was thiers or not, i don't know. But i do know that was not there when i walked past it on my way to class. Seeing that protest and being completely discusted with it just re-affirmed my tired thoughts on how people are so persuaded by misinformation and ignorance. We are all fucking sheep. We follow and believe what the next person believes and feeds us, whether it being right or wrong. We don't care. It sounds good, it must be truth. Now, i could be going off on a tangent because i'm irritable and tired right now but who cares...this is MY blog. I don't know, just seeing the prostest...and listening to that girl's reasonings....it ticked me off. I didn't really see completely what these people were prostesting about, but i saw the pictures of puppies, and puppies in cages...its pretty self explainatory from that. Seriously, yes puppies are cute and wonderful but we can't save them all. And yes people do eat them, and yes people to kill them for fur. Animals were put on this earth to provide for humans, and then in return, for humans to provide for them. There is NOTHING wrong with fur or meat...in my opinion. Torchuring is another story. Either way...it just ticked me off, quite quickly and royally. I believe that people should not have the right to talk until they UNDERSTAND (not know) all the facts.

Just some pictures of what i live with on a daily basis:

West texas, in all of its horrible glory...no joke. It really is THIS flat. I have MORE pictures to prove it. Unfortunatly, i don't have pictures of the brown sky you get during a dust storm.







-Reijn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going along with crime rates and all, New York has a lower crime rate than Virginia when you standardize it for per capita.
I think these blogs need a spell cjeck or something. hehe

10:04 AM, May 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home