The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Break pt. 1


Wednesday, November 22, 2006
6:19 pm

Well, this break started out like any other break. At least that is what its supposed to be. I woke up with the sun, like always because my body clock has been programmed to wake up before 7:00 am. Damn those 8:00am classes. PJ left the house first. Then I was next. Derek left with Corey behind us. I rode down to SL with Cat, Tyler, Ryan, and Tessarose—my hedgehog. She was not too happy to be in a car. She was up and walking around, snuffing at me, and just plain more irritated that usual. I felt bad because she is supposed to be hibernating but I sorta killed that today.

About 45 to an hour into the trip we got pulled over by a cop. Nothing too exciting, we were speeding. After that Tyler took over for driving. The ride was actually quite pleasant. Nothing too out of the ordinary. We chatted about the past, relationships, and whatnot. It was pleasant.

We left Brady, which is about 126 miles outside of Austin, everything seemed normal. I turned on my computer and started listening to music. Ryan fell asleep to his own tunes, and Cat and Tyler were in the front seats mining their own business. About 10-15 miles outside of Brady, Tyler started drifting into the other lane, supposedly dozing off. Cat woke him up, and we swerved to miss a car. The other car swerved to miss us. We spun and hit the guardrail, continued spinning then came to rest on the shoulder of the road. The other car, swerved to miss us then hit the ditch and flipped twice. Nobody was hurt. There was a lady and her kid in the other car, they had afew minor glass wounds but overall were ok, shooken up but ok. We were all ok, shooken up as well, but ok none the less. I called AAA. They weren’t much help. An off duity cop came by and said that he was helping the officers on duity. Then a fire personel came by and checked out the car. There was some fluid coming out, then stopped. We determined that it was windshield wiper fluid. The car overall is ok, just banged up fairly badly on the passanger sides but overall, everything is ok. The other car had a lot of glass blown out.

Tyler and Cat went over to the other car scene. (We were on one side of the highway and the bridge, while the other car was on the direct opposite side of the bridge and road. The two cars sandwiched the bridge.) The fireman took Ryan and I to the other scene as well so we could answer questions and fill out paper work. I called my parents via of Ryan’s phone. My phone didn’t have any service. After we all did what we needed to do, I took out Tessarose. She was a hit. All the officers and the parametics thought she was the strangest and coolest thing ever. One of the parametics took a picture of me and Tessa. She said that I will be in her scrapbook. We all laughed. By this point, everybody was joking around and trying to make everybody smile.

Suddenly, we get a phone call from Corey and Derek. They had just driven past the accident. They noticed Cat’s purple hair and Tessa, then automatically called Fisayo. (puzzling I know). We told them to turn around and that we would wait on them until they did so. I was so relieved to see Derek. He said that he was glad to see that I was ok. He felt a mixture of dread, happiness, worry, and relief all at the same time…thus laughing and joking since he didn’t know how to handle himself any other way. I was just glad to hug him. I was holding back everything and trying really hard to stay calm. At that point, I knew I was ok.

I got in the car with Derek and Cory and Cat, Tyler, and Ryan followed behind. We took a stop in Llano for gas, and a bathroom break…and so I could switch cars again. So as of now, we are all still driving home. We are headed to Austin first then we are going to head off to Houston. Corey and Derek are still in front of us…just to make sure nothing happens. Four more hours ahead of us, and I’ll be so glad to be home.

One more reason to be thankful for Thanksgiving.

-Reijn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home