The Red Balloon

Rediscovering this world with the realization of an adult but the nuances of a child carrying a brand-new red balloon as it trails behind them in playful glee.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sugar Land; Lubbock, Texas, United States

Living the life of an excentric elfen artist in a world of logic and numbers.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Thoughts and Music

wow...i have almost 1100 hits. This is the same counter from the last blog too...i didn't have the heart to start over my counter. So, not really that productive and not much to really write about. I had meetings yesterday and maybe another one today. I bought more night stuff for my cold. I'm trying to prevent it from turning into a sinus infection...as they always do. I got sleep last night so i'm feeling better. I was just running on caffeen yesterday, and i was so not in it at all. And for that matter, i'm so not coherent at all either. Either way. I spent the night at Derek's place. And to all my friends who are reading this: yes he's taking care of me, even though i'd rather him not. I just have a cold. He said i had a fevor too last night and that i was cooking him in bed, but i don't think i had a fevor...i could be wrong. I'm so not coherent right know, i'm doing good to keep my head on strait.

I'm going to do some peer reviews today, edit Cody's paper over Moby Dick...bleh...evil evil book, go shopping for dinner tomorrow night, take a shower....and....*shrugs* get more Sudafed.

Joey is on tour with Jeremy Camp now. I talked to him earlier today before my art history class. I was 3 min late and missed the last bit of Ancient Greece, but i got there in time for the start of China. He is giddy as a little kid at Christmas. Its so cute. His/our friend Lorena took pictures of Joey recently, and i've been attacking them. They are amazing and really capture joey well. She does such a wonderful job. I'm going to see if i can incorperate one of the pictures into my art project comming up. I'm so excited to finally be doing something that I enjoy doing in art. I'm going to finally show alot of my class mates and the department a taste of what i'm capable of. *nod* I'm very excited. I guess its cool that Joey is so into his music and he pushed me to really get into my art. I have taken his pokes and turned it into a huge drive. Its really cool and I thank him from the bottom of my heart or stomach (whichever you prefure) for it.

I was talking to my boss yesterday at the Coffee Haus. And he's a re-discovering christian. So we chatted about it all, which was very interesting. He said something that really has gotten me thinking and reflecting upon myown life. He said that we cannot bring someone else into our lives until we get ourselves in order. How horribly true is that. I saw Joey do this, i've seen Chase do this, my boss is doing it and i need to follow suit. Its not right that i bring other people to share aspects of myself and my life when i'm not even sure where it is going or how i'll end up. I need to know myself and get myself in order before i drag someone else into it...its only fair and right. I don't know...but its something that i've really been thinking about and something i really need to consider.

-Reijn

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You missed the last part of Ancient Greece! That makes me sad ;)

*huggles* Hang on in there!

-Lisa

7:09 PM, March 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, good in theory-- but will we EVER have our lives in order? When you actually get everything under control, then you're just ready to die.

Because there's nothing left for you to do.

Plus, GMA had a little segment about drug-resistant staff-- evidently it's one of the top five health problems in America right now. T_T I didn't know that...

Hope you feel better soon.

12:45 PM, March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home